I love having more time to blog- with exams over, a weight has definitely lifted. Look out for exciting things for Not-So-Modern-Girl in the future! Talking of exciting developments, I finally got Twitter, so follow me @notsomoderngirl for more updates on posts, interviews, tags and much more 🙂
Ages ago I was tagged by birdiebookworm to take part in the Happiness Tag. It sounded like such a fun tag, but I’ve only just got round to doing it! Thank you so much for the tag, and sorry for taking so long.
List five things that make you happy:
- My family and friends- I love spending time with my family, and I enjoy every moment that I spend with them, even if sometimes we get on each others nerves. Oh, and I’m including my beautiful, sarcastic cat in my family, although he never gets on my nerves like the humans do… 😉 I also recently finished school, so I’m getting nostalgic about all the amazing times I’ve had with my friends at school, and those memories are something that definitely make me happy!
- Historical dramas- Whether it’s historical drama novels, or historical programmes, I love them both! At the moment I’m addicted to the awful, historically inaccurate series Reign, and of course my favourite will always be Poldark <3. But then there are others that I love to watch over and over again, such as Mr Selfridge and Home Fires.
- Blogging- I love blogging, and it makes me so happy to think that people read my posts, and that they even enjoy reading them! I also love talking to fellow bloggers!
- Books- I know this one goes without saying, but I love books, and, combining books and history was my idea for this blog, so of course it is something that makes me very happy!
- Food- Okay, so I know it goes without saying that I need food to survive, but I also love food! It makes me happy, and trying new recipes, or simply eating old favourites, just brings a smile to my face and so it deserved a mention.
Ahhh, there were so many things I could have listed there, I just keep thinking of more and more!
List five songs that make you happy:
Wow, there are so many!
- Galway Girl, Ed Sheeran- I love this song so much and it makes me so happy! Whenever I hear it I just want to start dancing the ceilidh and singing at the top of my voice.
- Year 3000, McFly- This is such a tune from the early 2000s, and maybe that’s why I like it, because it reminds me of my childhood- I can’t think of one children’s party where songs like this weren’t played! The graphics on the music video are also genius.
- You Belong with Me, Taylor Swift- I have always loved Taylor Swift, and this song was from the first album of hers that I bought, so when I hear this song it just makes me happy and nostalgic.
- Ain’t Got No Life, Nina Simone- This song is brilliant, and it gives me such a sense of empowerment! Many will know it from the Muller yoghurt advert, and it is just such a great song to sing and dance to.
- Can We Dance, The Vamps- This song is just a pop song, but it’s the pop songs that give us the most happiness sometimes. The first time I heard this song was Christmas Eve a few years ago while making a dish I always make on Christmas Eve, and so every time I hear this song it reminds me of that memory, and I can’t go a Christmas without listening to this song now!
That was so much fun, and really made my happy, thinking of all my memories and all my favourite songs! I’m not sure who created this tag, so if you know, comment below and I’ll add a link to their blog!
If you don’t do tags, or you’ve already done this one, or you’re just not bothered about doing this tag, that’s fine 🙂
Happy reading x