I have been nominated for another blogger award, thank you so much to Nadwa@Painfully Fiction and Book Bum for nominating me for this award, I’ve never done it before so I’m really excited to get cracking! 🙂
- Share a link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions they’ve set.
8-13(I’ve gone for 5!) people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions, which they will answer in their award post.
1. What book or series you want everyone to read?
I would say that I’m not particularly into forcing books onto people, but there are lots of books I’d love people to read because then we could have in-depth discussions about them! I would say ‘The Bell Jar’ by Sylvia Plath if I had to choose. I also think that’s a really important, often over-looked text, so it would be great if more people read it!
2. Do you have any reading-related pet peeve?
Hmmm, I would say when people read classics or critically-acclaimed books and then act as though they love them, when really they just say this because it’s critically-acclaimed- just because a book is a classic doesn’t mean it can’t be over-rated and I would rather people were honest about the books they liked! I also hate it when people try to force others to read classics because they’re ‘superior’ to other books.
3. What’s a popular book you hate?
I can’t think of a popular book that I really have strong feelings about, but I wasn’t massively keen on the first ‘Hunger Games’ book, which was very popular.
Book Bum’s Questions:
1. What’s a book that made you the most emotional?
There are so many books that are emotional, I can’t pin-point just one, although I wouldn’t say I’m the kind of person that cries that much at books.
2. If your found a genie and were granted three wishes, what would they be?
That’s a good one! I would wish for a good and interesting career in the future, that combines all my interests, for my family and friends to grow old and for us to have many, many happy years and memories together. And maybe I would wish that I get a book published in the future, or that I could have access to an endless supply of books- either would be great!
3. Where is one place in the world you would love to visit?
I would love to go back to Paris- I loved that place so much- and I would also love to visit Amsterdam as it looks so pretty and lovely there.
1. If you could change the ending of one book, which would it be?
2. Is there a film that you would say is better than the book it’s based on? Which one?
3. What’s something about you that makes you unique? (Seeing as this is the unique blogger award 😉 )!
I love all these blogs! There’s no pressure to do the award- I know I’ve been nominating people for a lot of things at the moment, but it was a quick, fun post to take part in, so I hope you enjoy if you do take part.
As always, thank you for reading, liking, commenting, and following 🙂
Happy reading x