Hi again! I have been nominated for ANOTHER blogger award, that’s two in almost a weeks time so thank you once again to the brilliant avathenerd! Go check out her blog for lots of great posts! So, let the blogging begin….
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog. (Instead of the logo I went for a pretty picture of Little Miss Sunshine- because who doesn’t love a bit of Mister Men??!) I’m not usually a rule breaker btw 🙂
1. How long have you been blogging and what’s your experience so far?
I’ve been blogging for just over 3 months and I’ve absolutely loved it so far. I first started this blog on a whim- my mum had one and I thought I’d like to give it a go. After that I just got hooked. I also love creative writing so I guess I saw the blog as a way to keep going with my writing. So far I’ve loved blogging so much and I’m so glad I started up that day and made my first review post-‘Carry On’ by Rainbow Rowell!
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
It sounds cheesy, but everyone I’ve met on the blogosphere- I’ve learnt so much from those people that I’ve met! I also love love love the feeling that someone is reading my writing and that anywhere in the world someone could open my blog and enjoy what I’ve written- that for me is just such an amazing feeling. Sorry, that was two things…. I could keep on going! 🙂
3. What are your favourite things in life?
Wow, this is a difficult one! I would have to say my family and friends first and foremost- they support me when I worry and panic and they’re always there for me, which is something I appreciate and try to not always take for granted! I also absolutely love books and the library- which are two other things that have supported me throughout my life 🙂 Other than that, I love walking around my local area and watching the seasons change. I’m lucky to live in a beautiful, green place and I love just walking through it all.
4. Which food do you loathe and why?
I’m not a fussy eater, I’ll eat pretty much anything and don’t usually cause a fuss about what I eat. However, I really detest the taste, smell and look of liver. Literally, it just makes me feel so sick and both me and my mum cannot stomach it. If you’ve tried it, you’ll know what I mean when I say it literally tastes as close to shoe leather as a food can get. Disgusting! 🙂
5. Who is your favourite character from a tv series/ movie/ book?
This is a very difficult one! At the moment I love the tv series Poldark (although last weeks’ episode made me want to cry until I couldn’t cry anymore and I almost lost my faith in Aidan Turner….) and the character Demelza is just brilliant- she’s sassy, strong and just a brilliant character. The books the tv series are based on are also great, so I suppose Demelza is a tv series and book character. She is also played by the brilliant Eleanor Tomlinson and I just adore her character so much- she definitely isn’t afraid to say what she thinks! 🙂
6. Cats or dogs?
Always cats! Cats may not always want your attention and they may shun you, but that’s part of their charm. Dogs are desperate for your attention 24/7 whereas cats will only play with you or sit on your lap on their own terms, which I just think makes them brilliant pets. I will not listen to anyone who says cats are not affectionate, as this is not true, they’re just more choosy about when they give affection than dogs.
7. What is your dream destination?
Well, as previously mentioned, I love the historical drama Poldark and I also adore Daphne Du Maurier’s books so I think my dream destination would be Cornwall, as almost all Du Maurier’s novels are set here, as well as Poldark! It also looks like such a romantic, atmospheric, beautiful place and, as a place I’ve never been before, I would love to visit it. That said, recently I went on a trip to Paris, which was a city I adored, so there are many places I’d love to go to in the future!!
8. Which language do you like the most?
French- I just love the way it sounds and, while in class, I love to speak the language, loving the way it sounds compared to English!
9. What’s the longest book you’ve read?
I think it would have to be ‘Testament of Youth’ by Vera Brittain. It was a good book, if a little long, and reading it while on a trip to the World War One battlefields in France and Belgium was very atmospheric!
10. Which is your all time favourite song to listen to?
Oooh, that’s a difficult one. My favourite song changes constantly- I love ‘I Know Places’ by Taylor Swift and could literally listen to it on repeat, but I also really like Nina Simone songs and her voice is so captivating! I think I’d have to go for ‘I Got Life’ by Nina Simone- it never fails to bring me out of a bad mood! Sorry for the thinking out loud thought process there haha.
11. Your favorite fairytale?
What counts as a fairytale?? If it was like a princess/Disney film I’d have to go for ‘The Little Mermaid’ every time but if it’s a fairytale as in the Brothers Grimm I would say maybe Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty, as they are both (under different names) in the Brother Grimm’s original fairytales. I absolutely love fairytales and recently read a book by Kate Forsyth called ‘The Wild Girl’ and that is based around the Brothers Grimm, with a particular focus on an old tale called ‘Cat Skin’ and so I find it really interesting to read that fairytale having read Kate Forsyth’s book!
These are all great blogs! 🙂
1. What is your favourite season and why?
2. What is your favourite book at the moment and why do you love it so much?
3. What is your favourite TV programme at the moment?
4. If you were stranded on a desert island, which book would you want to be with you?
5. Have you ever read a book that made you cry? What was it?
6. Which book character would you love to be for a day?
7. What is your ultimate literary couple?
8. What books did you read this October and how would you rate them?
9. What’s your favourite foreign film?
10. Are there any books you’ve started and not been able to finish?
11. What song do you listen to on repeat?
I can’t wait to see everyone’s answers! No-one has to feel obliged to answer the questions or do the post but I absolutely loved doing it 🙂
Happy reading x
Currently reading: ‘Strong Woman’ by Karren Brady 🙂